Thursday 28 May 2009

Wire Sculpture with John and Alec

One of my last days at The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery was spent delivering a wire sculpture workshop to two of my colleagues.

Let's see how well they did.

Alec came up with a much deliberated over swimmer...

And John delivered this impressive guitarist, guitar and Fender Junior Tweed (correct me if I'm wrong) amp ensemble!
Many references were made to Keith Richards, especially following the discovery of the guitarist's lack of balance.

Together they make the front half of a rock band, with audience and diving lead singer!

And I made this punt/gondola with woman and brolly-that I have since changed to be the correct way around.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, it was fun. I'm keen to try more. I've decided since making it that my swimming figure is actually in freefall (or is he diving? or perhaps flying?), and the column holding him up is also pulling him down. A bit of ambiguity never goes amiss.

    ReplyDelete